It can be difficult to gauge how long it will take a house to sell in any given market. The average home is on the market at least 80 – 90 days in New Jersey.
If you are relocating to another area and need to sell your home quickly, within a matter of days you can have actual cash in your hand and the stresses of selling your house off of your mind.
Things to consider when relocating:
- The possibility of paying 2 mortgages while you wait for your home to sell
- Double expenses of owning 2 homes during the waiting period
- Over estimating value of your property & getting an optimistic loan before you sell
- Timing of closing on your old home so you have money at closing on your new home
- Carefully estimate the value of your old home before
- Qualifying for a new mortgage while you still have the old mortgage